Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Wait--Hawkman Is Cool?!?!

Much against by better judgement, I must consider the possibility that Hawkman actually is a badass.

Evidence #1: It's not just birds he can talk to, but all animals!

Hawkman Doolittle!!

Evidence #2--when he does talk to birds, he has hawks drop dynamite on the surrounding countryside!!


 Well, it seems Hawkman is really badass.

Ahh, but sadly, there is Counter-Evidence #1--Hawkman can do any of that these days. Boo!!

Verdict: Still lame, until someone in these modern times has him have birds drop explosives on things.

From The Big All-American Comic Book (1944)

2 comments:

American Hawkman said...

Hey, Hawkman had full access to those powers as of Final Crisis, at least.

The Golden Age Hawkman run is the high point for the character even now. Where else do you have major crime bosses changing sides because being violent alongside Hawkman was more fun than crime?

Justin said...

Thanks for the info! I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Hawkman. When I was a wee one watching the Superfriends, he was one of the first characters that resonated with me. I guess I just liked the idea of having wings.