Thursday, May 11, 2017

Obviously, The "N" Makes All The Difference!

Yesterday, this guy turned up in one of the DC books:

I shan't reveal how or why Magog is back, except to roll my eyes and say, "Really?"

But, as I was discussing with some of my Twitter droogs, I have one fatal flaw: whenever I see the name Magog, I can't help but immediately think of this guy instead:

MANGOG!!!

Mangog--the combined power and hatred of a billion billion beings!!

Mangog--dedicated to the destruction of Odin and Asgard!

Mangog--goofy looking, but unstoppable!!

Mangog--bringer of death and destruction!!

Mangog--he even makes great toys!

Mangog--where has this guy been??

Whereas Magog is the DC version of the Inhumans--we're going to make this guy popular, or else!!--Mangog hasn't been seen (in the regular 616, at least) for over a decade!

I mean, come on, Marvel! Instead of your Sieges and Secret Invasions and Fear Itselves and Secret Empires and Monsters Unleashed, where the hell is our Mangog event? We're waiting...

2 comments:

Siskoid said...

Both have horns though. Easy mistake.

SallyP said...

Egad...I HAVE most of these books! Which reminds me, that I should go and find them and reread them.